(expectation of one day a week in the office in Boston)
Our client is an investor backed decision-support healthcare software product. Growth motivated and innovative, the Companys goal is reach
ten million in sales revenue. The Company is well financed and has flexible workplace expectations (the team is in office at least one day
As Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing general ledger accounting and the accounting practices used to produce the
companys financial statements through the monthly close process. This position will work to ensure that internal controls are properly
established and maintained such that all supporting documentation complies with relevant regulations and GAAP standards. The Assistant
Controller will also support the Sales team with various analysis. This position will also be involved in human resources, payroll, and
facilities management. This is a hands-on position in a growing company.
– Overseeing all accounting activities to include reporting of the company’s financials in accordance with US GAAP, regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures.
– Managing general ledger accounting and all financial transactions regarding cash, prepaid transactions, fixed assets, accruals, revenue, and invoicing/accounts receivable processes.
– Implementing and ensuring proper revenue recognition under ASC 606 in a SaaS environment.
– Managing the period end close process and related financial statements.
– Leading the annual financial audit.
– Working with tax firm and ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings and filing for all appropriate tax credits and rebates.
– Performing analytical review of financial statement results during month end close to ensure all entries are booked correctly.
– Preparing the monthly dashboard and following up with managers on changes from prior month.
– Assisting the sales team with pipeline and other analysis.
– Maintaining accounting system and payables management system.
– Assisting in annual budgeting and planning process and performing monthly variance analysis from plan.
– Partnering with CFO on various financial matters and system/process implementations.
– Perform semi-monthly payroll processing and ensure statutory filings are completed in a timely manner.
– Supporting all functional areas with financial and accounting issues.
– Supporting Human Resources from onboarding to exit.
– Overseeing daily facilities management
– Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required.
– 5+ years of accounting / finance experience.
– Public accounting experience a plus; not required
– Software and licensing experience required, ASC606 experience preferred.
– Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy when both preparing and reviewing work
– Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and
responsibilities in a timely manner.?
– Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional groups
– Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.?
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
The Company is well funded and has useful technology. The business is on track to hit its next revenue milestone. As the CFO likes to say we have a talented team; we work well together and do not have a lot drama.
The desired candidate must be experienced in the accounting and financial issues of software companies. Specifically, the individual must be well versed in revenue recognition and able to be involved in supporting sales activities. In addition to the background in software, the candidate would also be able to operate well in an organization with less than 50 employees.
Once the individual has established their ability to handle the role and contribute to the business, the scope of the role will expand and increased recognition is be forthcoming.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 135000
Salary Max : 145000
Currency Type : US Dollars