Water District Hydraulic Design Engineer
Website Oculus Search
Position: Water District Hydraulic Design Engineer
Location: California / Colorado
Water Management company with software solutions that can control and monitor both farm and district/municipality water infrastructure.
Need a mechanical engineer with design side experience, who has worked with water infrastructure and specific experience with hydraulics.
The Design Engineer will perform the lead design activity to ensure fit for purposed hardware solutions.
Individual will work with sales on a pre/post sale basis leading the design effort of technical solutions through the project enquiry, acquisition and delivery phases. Working with sales / customers in providing reports, concept drawings, material and resource estimates.
They must demonstrate the ability to understand and design solution specification (i.e. Software, Hydraulics, Communication Network, Hardware…)
• Lead Designer on Pre / Post Sales activity
• Work with Sales during inquiry, presentation, closing and delivery
• Present to Customers
• Learn and know 3rd party products that complement the company’s solutions
• Provide reports, drawing and estimates as required
• Work with other company engineers in trouble shooting issues
- Engineering degree with major in Civil or Environmental Engineering/ Hydrology
- Have worked with and/or for Water Districts / Municipalities
- 5+ years’ experience in design
- Hands on experience with operation of irrigation infrastructure
- Must have experience with:
- Hydraulic Design (open channels, pipelines and pumps)
- Structural Design (concrete, steel and aluminum)
- Irrigation design
- Geotechnical engineering
- Solidworks and/or AutoCAD
- Travel required as necessary
Individuals must be authorized to work in the U.S. and no visa transfers (H1 or F1)