Website Oculus Search
Purpose of the Position
The VP of Operations provides the strategic and tactical direction for all manufacturing facilities consistent with the vision, mission, and financial objectives of the company. The position provides leadership to the plants in terms of delivering the production plan within the budgeted conversion cost, delivering product yield targets, standardization, minimizing excess rework levels meeting customer service level needs, and ensuring equipment health. In addition, the position will lead the development of all cap-ex initiatives, budget, and implementation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develops the annualized strategic plan, production plan, and operating budget for each plant. Total accountability for key metrics such as required plant capacity, lbs. produced, actual yield, scheduled vs. actual, OEE, actual conversion cost, rework levels, shrink, labor efficiency, first time right, on time delivery and employee turnover rate.
- To develop and deliver the annual tonnage plan within the budgeted conversion cost for each manufacturing plant. Ensure that production mirrors the demand forecast module and all customer product requirements and service needs are met. Successfully flex the manufacturing schedule when surge demand dictates it. Sound knowledge of lean manufacturing practices.
- Develop and execute the annual cap-ex strategic plan comprised of MRO spending, cost reduction projects, and growth support initiatives. Execute all initiatives on time, and under budget. Assume a leading role in terms of selecting the vendors/optimal equipment, developing the on floor configuration/design, negotiating the cost with suppliers and installing correctly.
- Lead the hiring, training, developing, coaching, motivating, upgrading, and succession planning for all personnel within facilities. Assess the performance of all key personnel.
- Develop and track performance versus specific plant controls and KPIs that measure productivity, profitability, and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality Assurance and Quality Control specifications/standards, and all protocols are met or exceeded. Ensure that all regulatory i.e. OSHA, USDA, FDA, HACCP, guidelines are adhered to. In addition, develop and track a robust employee safety program.
- Outstanding leadership skills and able to inspire others
- Excellent engineering experience and technical skills
- Broad knowledge base of food processing equipment
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated Strategic vision
- Financial acumen. Able to manage a line item P&L and read financial statements
- Works well under pressure
- Strong demonstrated results orientation
- Demonstrated competitive spirit
- Innovative and creative – thinks laterally
- BS in Engineering highly preferred/MBA Preferred
- Knowledge of complex food batch processing and high speed packaging
- Multi-plant managerial experience