Sr. Financial Analyst – Defense Industry
Website Oculus Search
Located near Portsmouth, NH, our client is a 250-year-old, brand-name, leading provider and manufacturer in their industry. Their name is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice! Company has 3,000+ employees across 12 locations.
Offered is a competitive salary including bonus, 401k match with immediate vesting, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. This is an in-office position. Relocation package is available!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Defense Finance, the Sr. Financial Analyst will focus on supporting the company’s growing Defense business – specifically defining and implementing their Program Reporting for an exciting, new initiative.
This position requires a hands-on and highly detail-oriented individual who will participate in accounting activities including Departmental Spend Analysis, Margin Analysis, Operations Performance, KPIs and Monthly Closing Process and Reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background working for a defense or government contractor where they have gained an understanding of FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations), DFARS, CAS (Cost Account System), Program Accounting, Rates, and Incurred Cost Submissions working on various government programs. Additionally, the candidate must possess a broad financial skill set including a solid understanding of cost accounting, financial accounting, business planning, development of business cases and Pro-forma financial statements, and general financial analysis.
- Support the Sr. Manager, Defense Finance as well as interaction and support of Executive leaders in multiple areas.
- Supporting both US and Foreign military programs profitability analysis including P&L analysis, Sales Analysis, Bid Costing Analysis, and Project Performance Analysis.
- ASC 606 related Percentage of Complete Revenue and cost recognition for milestone-based contracts/elements of the NGSW contract.
- Support ICE (Incurred Cost Electronically) DCAA Model Population and Calculation for company’s effective SG&A rate.
- Analytical support response to government contemplation letters.
- Time Tracking Analysis and calculation of development & support costs for ongoing Defense initiatives.
- Manufacturing Rate and Cost Accounting Support.
- P&L and Working Capital Analysis for our Defense Businesses.
- Ability to support CSDR reporting as well as the potential of implementation of CAS (Cost Accounting Standards) if the company incurs a triggering event.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in finance and/or accounting strongly preferred.
- 5-7+ years with a major defense manufacturing company serving the U.S. Government with a variety of meaningful experiences including program costing and preparing CAS-compliant bids for U.S. Military programs.
- CPA or GAGAS (Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards) Certifications are a plus.
- Experience with FAR, DFAR, CAS, indirect rate analysis, incurred cost submission, building rates in government (labor, fringe, overhead), WAWF
- The ideal candidate will have a background working with (or for) the DCAA, program/percentage complete accounting, FPRA (Forward Pricing Rate Agreements) & Incurred Cost Submissions, and certified cost and pricing to the U.S. Military.
- Experience in an FP&A role where the individual has served as a key partner to a business lead working on a variety of FP&A and general analytical issues is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong user skills with ERP systems such as Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, Infor, etc.
- Prior Experience with financial consolidation programs such as Hyperion, One Stream, TM1, Cognos, etc. are a plus.
- Strong in all Microsoft office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact directly with senior management.
- Must have excellent analytical skills; a sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Self-driven, intellectually curious individual with a high sense of personal ownership.
- Results-oriented personality with the ability to collaborate with others diplomatically across all levels of the organization.
- Someone who defines success based on problems solved and improvements made.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed with the ability to relate to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines is required.
- Reside within a reasonable commute to Portsmouth, NH OR willing to relocate upon hire with company assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Salary offered within the range will depend on level of experience.