Software Engineer – Embedded Firmware – TS/SCI w/ FS Poly Required
Website Oculus Search
We are currently seeking an Information Assurance Software Engineer with emphasis on
software/firmware architecture, design and development for cryptographic products. The
software engineer will work closely with hardware and system engineers to conceptualize,
document, design, code, and validate software and embedded firmware for secure
microprocessor based systems. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, motivated, customer
oriented, able to lead a small team and willing to mentor others while learning new technologies.
• Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph
• Proficient with C coding language
• Analyze user requirements to derive software solutions and performance requirements.
• Debug existing software and correct defects.
• Assist with algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
• Draft or review software and system documentation.
• Assist with the modification of software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical
models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Assist with complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or
interface constraints and perform quality control on team products.
• Assist with recommendations for improving documentation and software development
• Integrate multiple operational platforms in an integrated environment.
• Integrate software products, techniques, and management processes across a broad spectrum
of systems, applications, and requirements.
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
• Recommend documentation improvement and software process standards.
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
• Analyze system performance standards, systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
• Investigate problem areas to assist with software solutions.
• Assist with the modification of software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to
• Derive software requirements and obtain information on project limitations and capabilities,
performance requirements, and interfaces.
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure
operational specifications are met.
• Serve as the team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
Other Highly Desirable Experience:
• Development of NSA TYPE 1 security products using NSA IA security practices
• Experience with FPGA based processors such as Xilinx MicroBlaze or Intel Nios/Nios-II
• Cryptographic algorithm development
• NSA Type-1 SV testing
• Python scripting
Mid-Career: Four (4) years of software development experience and an Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor’s degree. An additional four (4) years of experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Senior: Ten (10) years of software development experience and an Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor’s degree. An additional four (4) years of experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Our Client is a locally owned small business that specializes in delivering high-end engineering products and services to our customers. Our employees have a wide variety of engineering skills and talents in hardware, software and system engineering to solve the most challenging technical problems facing our customers. Our employees are detail-oriented, customer-focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic and productive team environment.
relationship. We are looking for talented employees who appreciate opportunities to learn new things and to contribute their talents on multiple projects. We work closely with our customers to produce timely and often incremental solutions for many of our projects.
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.