Senior Property Accountant
Website Oculus Search
My client is an integrated property development, construction, and management company with a passion for revitalizing urban neighborhoods. They are a recognized leader in historic preservation, mixed-use urban development, senior living communities, and affordable housing that is indistinguishable from market-rate housing.
The Senior Property Accountant will play a critical role in performing and reviewing financial and accounting processes, including reporting for the company and its partners. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Director of Property Accounting, Staff Accountant, Property Managers, and other stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely bookkeeping, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Support Director in conducting monthly closing process, ensuring appropriate journal entries are completed and reviewed.
- Complete essential reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Lead financial statement preparation for all properties.
- Support Director in analytical review of portfolio results with Property Managers and other stakeholders.
- Prepare compliance and investor reporting, including debt and REO schedules.
- Support property audits and tax return requests.
- Collaborate with Director and Property Managers to prepare and review budgets.
- Assist with cash management in complex property structures.
- Support Property Managers in reviewing tenant ledgers and booking required adjustments.
- Conduct ad hoc projects supporting analysis to drive strategic decision making.
- Demonstrate leadership to elevate and inspire exceptional team performance.