Senior Manager of External Reporting
Website Oculus Search
- Significant opportunity to move within Corporate or to one of Divisions- in diverse finance and reporting roles.
- Promotion or movement is expected every 2 years.
- Hybrid work from home
- The Corporate campus includes a fitness center, a subsidized wellness café, outdoor volleyball courts, a walking trail and other corporate discounts.
Company is seeking a Senior Manager, External Reporting to oversee the Company’s Financial Policies & Procedures and to manage the preparation of the Company’s financial filings with the SEC. This position will report directly to the Senior Director, External Reporting with exposure to executive management and to key finance and operations leaders across Company’s worldwide operations. The position requires a solid working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, as well as strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively with other key disciplines and business personnel.
- Monitor accounting literature for new reporting requirements that may potentially impact the Company and lead the implementation of new accounting standards
- Prepare quarterly accounting and regulatory update presentations for senior management and the Company’s Audit Committee
- Work closely with Investor Relations and various financial reporting teams in the preparation and review of the Company’s external financial communications (SEC filings and disclosures, annual report, earnings releases, communications with the investment community, etc.)
- Consult with operating and finance personnel at corporate and within Company’s diversified group of businesses related to accounting questions and the implementation of financial policies and procedures
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the development, revision and maintenance of the Company’s Financial Policies & Procedures
- Act as a liaison with internal and external auditors on matters involving technical accounting, internal controls, financial policies and SEC reporting
- Oversee various key accounting and reporting areas such as annual impairment testing, lease accounting and preparation of the consolidated statement of cash flows
- Direct manager and staff in the execution of department responsibilities
- Participate in and/or lead various Corporate Finance & Accounting projects to improve the overall efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of financial close processes
- Focus on Corporate Finance & Accounting talent management efforts through attraction, development and retention of key talent across the department
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- CPA required
- 10+ years including recent experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and develop others
- Capable of leading large complex projects
- Able to perform in a fast paced environment