Sales Manager – Analytical Instruments (Chicago) 1584
Website Oculus Search
Our long-term client is adding a Sales Manager position who will work from their Chicago area office while managing a fast growing business unit for the Central Region. The position is focused on selling and supporting the clients range of high-precision measuring instruments for physical, chemical, mechanical, and structural properties. The base salary range for this position is $145,000 – $164,000. The compensation package includes a 20 – 30% bonus. They offer full benefits, a profit sharing contribution to your 401k and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop a team of field and inside sales representatives along with product specialists
- Responsible for meeting sales targets and managing travel and expense budgets for the business unit
- Supports the team on daily activities
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales and Service Eastern Region
Skills and qualifications you will need:
- 3 years of sales management experience, including previous direct sales experience, preferably in analytical instrumentation or technical capital equipment
- Strong communication skills, ability to coach and train sales team on selling strategies, negotiation, and customer service skills
- Organization skills and adaptability to change in a fast-evolving organization and technology
- A Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred
- Availability for up to 50% overnight travel
- A valid driver’s license and passport
The company offers a growth opportunity and an outstanding benefits package for the full family.