Website Oculus Search
Job Title: Safety Specialist
Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Job Summary of the Safety Specialist: The Safety Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating environmental health and safety programs, including safety inspections, accident investigations, and safety training.
Job Responsibilities of the Safety Specialist:
· Conduct worksite audits to identify potential risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
· Develop and implement strategies to reduce or eliminate risk.
· Participates in the development and implementation and training of safety programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space entry, fire protection, and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
· Develop and implement safety training and informational materials and accurate record keeping.
· Stay up to date with regulatory changes and update SOPs as needed.
· Investigate workplace accidents and complaints.
· Ensure that routine safety activities are on schedule and are being completed on time.
· Own and lead safety actions.
· Respond to employee suggestions and concerns and assist with resolution.
· Own injury reporting and assist in the Worker’s Compensation process.
· Lead Safety Committee meetings
Education & Experience of the Safety Specialist:
· Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or a related field or equivalent experience.
· Compliance experience in the industry.
· Familiarity with federal, state, and local regulations.
· BCSP certification preferred.
· Bilingual communication skills a plus (English/Spanish).
· CPR/First Aid certification a plus.
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
· Detail orientated with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Ability to solve practical problems and make decisions within a set of guidelines
· Work with others as part of a high-performance team