Start a Search
Website Oculus Search
TITLE: Respiratory Therapist
LOCATION: Grangeville, ID
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller area where the population is around 50K that offers a low cost of living and plenty of activities in the area but is within a few hours of several large cities.
Position is located in a beautiful area of Idaho that offers around 400 miles of River and has been rated as a Top Outdoor area to live in.
So if you enjoy fishing, hunting, cycling, walking, running or golf then this would be a great place to reside.
With a 50K population the area still remains peaceful and quaint while having several stores for retail shopping, medical facilities and much more.
Below is the details of the position.
What they are looking for:
• Must be a graduate of an accredited College of Respiratory Therapy & be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Idaho.
• 2 years experience in adult critical care setting and some ICU experience.
• Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
• Needs to have BLS, PALS(within 3 months), ACLS(within 3 months), NRP(within one year).
Hours and Compensation potential:
• Position is full time, 12 hours shifts.
• The range on the position is between $64K-$85K depending on experience.
• The facility will offer a full benefit package including a sign-on bonus of 15K.
What you will be doing:
•Provide respiratory therapy (conventional/routine) to all patients of all age groups, infants to adults, as ordered. Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests, and equipment to patients.
•Receive assignment. Check patient chart and physician’s orders. Set up equipment and medications and administer treatments as ordered, e.g., oxygen administration, humidity therapy, airway management, resuscitation, mechanical ventilation, postural drainage procedures; closed atmosphere and respiratory monitoring, intermittent positive pressure breathing, aerosol therapy, and pharmacology respiratory therapy. Chart treatment, response, and progress.
•Monitor environmental control systems, others. Deliver and set up equipment and monitor patients on continuous ventilation. Do nasotracheal and tracheal (endotracheal tube or tracheostomy) suctioning.
•Make patient rounds regularly. Observe patient, check equipment, and change/make adjustments as necessary. Solve problems. Discontinue therapy as ordered. Remove equipment from patient rooms, disassemble, etc.
• The position reports to the Respiratory Director and the hospital is around 150 beds and is a Level 3 Trauma, Level 2 Nusery and Level 2 Stoke Center.