Registered Nurse, RN – Long Term Care
Website Oculus Search
- Location: Penn Yan, NY (Finger Lakes Region of New York State)
Full-Time – 36 Hours.
3 Days Per Week
12 Hours Per Day
Shifts: 11:00am – 11:30pm
EOW and Holiday required.
Competitive Compensation, based on experience.
Setting: Long Term Care
- HCP will be passing meds/cart. No Supervision
- Actively Accepting Applications.
- Highly competitive starting pay rates.
- Flexible Schedules.
- Required: NYS LPN Licensure Required
- Certifications Required: BLS, ACLS, PALS, NIHSS
- They are a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Join an organization with vision to be the best health system of their size in the US and employer of choice.
- NY LPN Licensure, BLS
1 year experience as RN- Must have some LTC experience.
- The RN must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed by adult and geriatric patient group
Provides direct and indirect skilled nursing care for assigned residents. Follows defined policies and procedures under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Maintains a collaborative relationship with other nursing staff, physicians, and ancillary staff. Maintains an appropriate level of knowledge and clinical expertise through continuing education and in-service programs. The LPN shall have the ability to provide care to geriatric residents.
-Collects data relevant to resident’s physical and psychosocial condition on an ongoing basis and communicates finding to Supervisor and other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
– Contributes to the creation of a developmentally age appropriate and culturally relevant plan of resident care reflecting nursing diagnosis and interventions to achieve desired resident outcomes involving the resident/family and healthcare team in this process while promoting a healthy, safe environment.
– Recommends revisions to the plan of care, after evaluation of resident outcomes and indicates the need for referrals to ensure all aspects of the resident’s care have been addressed. Collaborates with the resident/family and members of the Interdisciplinary Team within the scope of nursing practice assuring customer satisfaction.
– Maintain current knowledge and competency in Nursing Practice. Participates in the mentoring/orientation of staff. Considers factors related to safety, cost, and impact in planning in delivery of care. Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, provides leadership in the professional practice setting. Demonstrates knowledge and competency.
Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens is reasonably anticipated. Required tasks involve a potential contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues.