Website Oculus Search
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Mason City, IA
Job Summary: Lead the company’s quality functions to include the development, implementation and maintenance of a strategic quality plan. Position will lead the development and implementation of appropriate standards, policies, procedures, specifications, people practices and training initiatives that govern quality activities encompassing all phases company processes.
· Establish, implement, and maintain a quality system.
· Maintain quality system to ensure compliance to ISO 9001.
· Establish quality requirements with customers and suppliers/
· Establish effective working relationships with our customers and suppliers and lead initiatives to resolve customer and supplier quality problems in a timely manner.
· Support the advanced product quality planning (APQP) process.
· Assist in the development of processes to acquire and analyze data.
· Manage the customer return material authorization (RMA) process and decrease customer returns through internal improvements and supplier improvements.
· Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality.
· Sets KPI’s and ensures quality performance metrics are being met for the plant.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Quality Sciences, Engineering or comparative work in a technical field.
- 5-7 years of experience in Quality Management leadership and Quality Engineering in a manufacturing or process environment.
- Strong preference for quality-related experience in a manufacturing/foundry environment
- Demonstrated experience in the effective use of quality core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, etc.).
- Experience in deploying statistical quality methods (sampling plans, DOE, Cpk, etc.)
- Understanding of metrology, with the ability to utilize several types of measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, hardness testing, x-ray and coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
- Experience with destructive and non-destructive tests on materials and parts to measure performance, life, or materials characteristics.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality standards.
- ISO9001 Quality Management System leadership experience.
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification a plus.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certified a plus.
- Experience with ISO14001, ITAR, AS9100, TS16942, ISO14981 quality systems.
- Experience with continuous improvement processes – i.e. six sigma, kaizen, lean, etc.