Quality Engineer – Automation / Integration / Problem Solving / Assembly
Website Oculus Search
Major and established international brand name company has an opportunity due to a promotion for an Engineer – Quality / Automation / Integration / Problem Solving at their large manufacturing site on the south side of the Atlanta metropolitan area. There are major company benefits, profit sharing, and bonus potential. Relocation assistance is also available nationally. In addition, there are discounts on company products.
- Design, plan, and supervise
- Develop and implement improved ways to extract, process, and use raw materials
- Develop new materials that both improve the performance of products and take advantage of advances in technology
- Analyze the impact of the products they develop or the systems they design on the environment and on people using them
- Determine the causes of breakdowns
- Test manufactured products to maintain quality
- Estimate the time and cost to complete projects.
- Quality engineering position within the Process Quality Assurance Unit Department.
- Responsible for all aspects of quality engineering techniques and methods in an assigned area or project with minimal supervision.
- Provides support to manufacturing for quality improvement and new product launch.
- Interfaces with Product Design, Service, and purchasing
- Capable of performing advanced quality planning on new model introductions.
- This position will require company Defect Free Process to be used to prepare for the new model launches.
- Capable of performing in a high paced complex environment and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Develop and implement control plans and product inspection plans.
- Lead process improvement teams.
- Proficient in developing and implementing process controls, SPC, and other statistical methods.
- Capable of developing and implementing quality metrics to monitor internal performance.
- Proficient with problem solving techniques and able to lead small groups through problem solving and Kaizen activities and can provide multiple examples of this.
- Capable of auditing internal quality systems.
- Capable of initiating and reviewing corrective action for problem resolution.
- Competent at reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Capable of developing and documenting quality systems, standards, and procedures as required.
- Professionally adheres to all company rules and policies.
- Implement and adhere to all ISO-9001 and company QMS requirements/procedures and strive for simplification.
Education / Experience:
- 4-year engineering degree preferred, but flexible and at least 5 years of related experience.
Other Required Skills:
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- ISO experience and quality certifications a plus.
- Demonstrated application of engineering skills and problem solving techniques.
- Effective planning and organizing along with strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with applied experience working in a team environment.
- Assembly process experience and will consider fabrication as well
- Particularly looking for someone with strong hands-on mechanical and electrical expertise, preferably experienced with ATVs or Dirt Bikes, or automobiles and will consider other industries as well.
- Another critical skill is hands-on experience integrating electronic systems as process controls like RFID scanning, Vision Systems, Artificial Intelligence Cameras, barcode scanning, working with software programs to confirm conditions are OK or not.