Website Oculus Search
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Mason City, Iowa
Job Summary of the Purchasing Manager: The Purchasing Manager oversees all purchasing activities within the organization, and works with suppliers regarding production issues.
Job Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager:
· Manage the purchase, inventory, and deliveries of all products.
· Manage orders of raw materials, tooling, and operations items.
· Responsible for supplier qualification/management, including qualifying new vendors, tracking performance, and classifying levels.
· Management of daily Purchasing Requests and all return merchandise authorization.
· Develop and manage alternative minimum tax procurement rules and regulations.
· Evaluate all vendor and suppliers quality, price, reliability, technical support and availability of goods and services.
· Handle contract negotiations with vendors and suppliers.
· Develop and improve purchasing systems, driving electronic methods where possible.
· Work with Accounts Payable for invoice approval and resolving issues.
Education & Experience of the Purchasing Manager:
- 3-5 years of related purchasing experience.
- Prior manufacturing industry experience.
- Working knowledge of negotiation techniques.
- Ability to problem solve on own and in teams along with making decisions.
- Strong understanding of the market conditions and trends.
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with customers and vendors.
- Must be able to drive results while maintaining relationships with all internal and external customers.
- MS Office® Suite proficiency
- ERP System experience (IQMS Preferred)