PROJECT MANAGER – COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION
Website Oculus Search
Project Manager / Commercial Construction Columbia, SC
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
· Relocation Available
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. Additionally, this position has responsibilities that will span a broad-spectrum including Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management. The Project Manager prepares status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be essential since the Project Manager will work closely with Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, Superintendents, Project Estimators, and Accounting.
· Manage all aspects of the project during the construction phase including contractual, planning, and budget management.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the project owners, architects, engineers, clients, and others to ensure overall client satisfaction; initiate and maintain liaison with client/owner/and A/E contracts for facilitate construction activities
· Lead and manage various project teams including superintendents, project coordinators, subcontractors and others to ensure all work is completed on time, within budget, and in accordance with development and contract agreements
· Prepare and submit weekly progress reports including photos, prepare for and attend weekly conference calls
· Coordinate and obtain necessary permits required for commencement of construction, review design documents for conflicts and completeness, and participate in developing/negotiating contract agreements with clients
· Manage and administer the Construction Phase of the project including reviewing, analyzing and executing Bid Analysis, monitor submittal review, and process and monitor Request for Information review and process.
· Monitor contractor performance; insure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements
· Review bid documents and assist with bidder solicitation activities
· 5 yrs. or more project management experience in commercial construction, degree in construction management, business administration or similar is desirable but not required
· Ability to read and understand contracts, plans, and specs
· Ability to understand, reconcile, review AIA requisitions, project budget and schedules
· Due to significant electronic reporting, tech savvy is critical
· Proficiency with MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills including presentation skills
· Familiarity with Timberline and Procore is a plus
· Excellent Time Management Skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE DESIRE, ABILITY, AND AMBITION TO SUCCEED WITH EACH PROJECT!