Start a Search
Website Oculus Search
The Project Engineer is responsible for planning, organizing and executing project front end loading and project design engineering including option selection, scope development, change control, cost estimating, cost control, and scheduling development and compliance for all assigned projects. The Project Engineer shall also be responsible for providing technical support during construction and commissioning / startup of the project to ensure correct installation.
- Develop and maintain all project related documents including, but not limited to: Project Study Basis (FEL1), Project Study Report (FEL2), Project Design Basis (FEL3), and Authorization for Expenditure, with all applicable backup documents such as Process Spec, project cost estimate, project economics and justification, Project Execution Plan, and Project Schedule, as well as project design documents, Management of Change, project startup audits, cost commitments vs. approved funding, and project closeout, etc.
- Execute detailed design and material purchases for all assigned projects, including but not limited to development of plot plans, layouts, 3D models, equipment specifications, discipline engineering packages, and quality control of same. Assist Procurement with source selection, requirements, bid evaluation and expediting as needed.
- Provide project execution coordination and assistance to the Process Engineering, Operations, Construction and other groups on their related project responsibilities such as P&ID development, safety reviews, construction packages, and other reviews and input.
- Monitor and report on cost, cash flow forecasting, schedule performance, change order management, scope management and control, management of contract project engineering work, material quality checks.
- Establish project objectives and related performance standards including, but not limited to: project cost, project schedule, quality, mechanical performance, safety of design and constructibility, environmental performance, customer satisfaction and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Develop the appropriate team to successfully implement the project and achieve stated objectives.
- Provide engineering assistance with corporate/refinery standard engineering specification, variance requests and approvals. Monitor variance frequency and revise standard engineering specifications as required.
Need to be located in North America. May look candidates that need sponsorship.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or related field with a minimum of 8 years of job related experience.
- Must exhibit a good knowledge of commonly used industry engineering standards, practices and procedures specific to the oil refining process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)