Start a Search
Production Superintendent – 2nd Processing – 1st Shift
Website Oculus Search
Responsible for plant effectiveness and efficiency for the Second Processing Area. Rehang and Wings on Day Shift. Provides direction, training, coaching, directing to Supervisors and indirectly to hourly production associates. Works to achieve company established goals on production activities. Provides a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promotes a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the Employer of Choice. Specifically, this position:
- Establishes, measures, and is accountable for departmental operating budgets in a manner to enable the operation to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
- Meets all departmental operational plans, to ensure yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
- Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
- Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
- Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
- Responsible for Grading, Giblet Packing, Cut Up and Overwrap departments.
- Supports and promotes the company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective planning, communication, emphasizing the requirement for all team members to be efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
Requirements: A 4-year degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered plus:
- 4 years of experience in poultry plant management.
- Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds, and automatic processing equipment.
- ability to develop and implement protocols and processes
- ability to organize multiple protocols / projects and complete on schedule.
- a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
- ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level