Production Manager-Processing 2nd shift
Website Oculus Search
Directs and supervises plant personnel and provides direction in operations area to produce the best quality product possible, at the least cost standards. Coordinates the availability of raw materials; ensures the functioning of production machinery is adequate to meet production demands. Develops, trains and schedules necessary personnel to meet all production demands. Partners with HR for personnel issues, including interviews, hiring, evaluations, corrective counseling, and further training as required.
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Supervises production line supervision to ensure product is produced according to Company specifications and meet production, usage, and labor objectives.
- Allocates labor to meet or exceed Company standards.
- Oversees the overall cleanliness of the plant production areas.
- Assures compliance of OSHA regulations and corporate policies.
- Responsible for assuring work force is properly trained in job requirements.
- Ensures flow of critical information to all levels and shifts of plant management.
- Monitors correct ingredient usage at plant standards while maintaining quality objectives.
- Coordinate production requirements with maintenance and engineering to ensure plant objectives are obtained.
- Promotes continuous improvement in production process to improve safety, cost effectiveness, and product quality.
- Maintains a safe work environment for all employees.
- Assures safety awareness and training is provided by front-line supervisors.
- Supports safety programs.
- Reports ingredient usage and labor figures for proper costing and recall requirements.
- Shares key metrics with front-line supervisors to promote continuous improvement.
- Interfaces with Human Resources.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift and some weekends.
- B. S. degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Biology, Industrial Management, or related field from a four-year college or university
- Four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the food industry;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)