Website Oculus Search
The Night Production Manager has the responsibility for directing the facility to support overall business objectives including managing all aspects of daily production, including inventory accuracy, maintaining sanitation, and assisting the EHS manager with the implementation of the Safety programs and policies of the Production area. The Production Supervisors will report to the Production Manager.
- Develop key manufacturing plans and programs toward budgeted unit cost and output objectives.
- Coordinate activities of all manufacturing functional areas to assure continuity towards plant goals, communicating priorities as necessary.
- Develop SOP’s for all production processes.
- Sustain production capacity that is synchronized with sales volume requirements, developing contingency plans as needed.
- Develop and track annual operating budget for measurement towards objectives.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the plant assets, both current and fixed.
- Develop and improve technical and manufacturing management skills at the plant.
- Develop and implement performance standards for all supervisors maintaining current job descriptions and improvement plans.
- Establish appropriate scheduling and employee work schedules in line with customer orders and plant performance requirements.
- Work with Purchasing to establish quality specifications for incoming raw materials, monitoring these raw materials to ensure that specifications are met.
- With Quality/ R&D, develop new products/processes and improve current products/processes. Establish procedures and supervise all experimental and test runs, reporting all results.
- Manage inventory of off-spec materials, including the scheduling and reworking of products as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining formulation data system including entering all new product formulations.
- 5-7 years previous management experience in a food grade operation.
- Background in dairy, evaporators, and/or drying technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of plant operation procedures and business system software applications.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work a night shift schedule of 6pm-6am 2-2-3 Schedule