Website Oculus Search
The Plant Manager has the responsibility for directing operations at the assigned facility to support overall business objectives including managing activities in the areas of production, sales, quality, customer service, inventory, maintenance, safety, and employee relations.
- Develop key manufacturing plans and programs toward budgeted unit cost and output objectives.
- Coordinate activities of all manufacturing functional areas to assure continuity towards plant goals, meeting all customer quality requirements.
- Sustain production capacity that is synchronized with sales volume requirements, developing contingency plans as needed
- Develop and track annual operating budget for measurement towards objectives.
- Remain current on matters relating to production methods, formulations, analytical techniques, and federal regulations as they relate to the company’s products.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the plant assets, both current and fixed.
- Recruit, develop, coach, and lead personnel, constantly raising the standards of performance.
- Implement and manage safety and regulatory programs to assure long term safe operation of the facility.
- Work with Purchasing and Quality Assurance to establish quality specifications for incoming raw materials.
- Assist Quality Assurance in development of new products/processes and improve current products/processes.
- Manage inventory of off-spec materials, including the scheduling and reworking of products as needed.
- Maintain and improve all production log data and implement OEE system.
- Maintain formulation data system including entering all new product formulations.
- Maintain history file on all products including formulation, product standard, label, and packaging.
- Ensure facility compliance with all state and federal requirements
· 10 years previous management experience in a food grade operation.
- Background in packaging facility.
- Background in Whey Processing is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of plant operation procedures and business system software applications.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Previous supervisory experience.