Start a Search
Nurse Manager – Long Term Care
Website Oculus Search
Nurse Manager – Long Term Care:
- Summary: Must have consistent work history in Long Term Care. Experience as a Nurse Manager or Nursing Supervisor is ideal.
- Direct Hire
- Full Time
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Relocation expenses available.
- Reports to: Director of Nursing
- Supervises: CNA TRAINEE, CNA, SR CNA, LPN, RN, and UNIT CLERK.
- Location: Penn Yan, New York (Finger Lakes region)
They offer competitive benefits and their employees enjoy an excellent work/life balance and generous PTO packages.
- Interpersonal skills which ensure effective communication with staff, patients, families, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Knowledgeable in the area of management systems and processes.
Demonstrated ability to establish effective work relationships in an effort to lead others in the direction of meeting organizational objectives.
- Analytical skills to assess departmental needs, develop, and implement planned interventions, and evaluate the effectiveness of applied interventions.
- Basic management competencies for the position assigned.
- Ability to facilitate project management, work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role modeling.
- Familiarity with DOH requirements.
- Computer literacy required with word processing, spreadsheets, power point
- Preferred: Experience with Microsoft Office products including word, excel and power point and Meditech.
- The Nurse Manager has major responsibility for implementation of strategies and activities designed to achieve and support uncompromising quality, exceptional patient safety and an outstanding patient / resident / family experience. The Nurse Manager intentionally creates an environment that fosters staff development, staff empowerment, collegial relationships and best practice in the delivery of nursing care. The Nurse Manager allocates resources to promote efficient, effective, compassionate and fiscally responsible nursing care.. The Nurse Manager assures the coordination of care across department lines through a focus on systems that promote inter-disciplinary collaboration and communication. The Nurse Manager participates in the recruitment, selection and retention of personnel. Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing and continuing professional development for personnel accountable to the nurse manager.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nurse Program.
- Current NYS License to practice as a Professional Registered Nurse.
- Two years of Nursing experience or Two years of Long Term Care experience.
Supervisor or Management experience a plus.
- The facility houses 130 Skilled Nursing beds, 20 Behavioral beds and one Respite bed for scheduled short-term stays.
- The facility consists of four units, including two Skilled Nursing units, a neurobehavioral unit, and a secure unit where skilled nursing and special needs care for cognitively-impaired residents are provided. Short-term rehabilitation services also are provided on the Skilled Nursing units for those needing rehabilitation services while they transition to another level of care or discharge home.
- Meaningful activities and social opportunities are afforded our residents in our spacious dining and activities rooms, as well as our enclosed courtyard and patios.
- Music and Memory is a personalized music program for those with dementia. Listening to favorite music or songs associated with important personal events can trigger many long term memories.
- The Life Enrichment Program is a comprehensive therapeutic activity program for residents with a history or diagnosis of dementia, associated depression, or who may demonstrate behaviors that are difficult to manage.
- Additionally, there is a restaurant with nice dining experience that is offered at the facility, where family or friends can enjoy a cozy, relaxing meal with their loved one who resides at the facility, is open Monday through Friday, with the exception of holidays, by reservation. Guests will enjoy a candlelight dinner featuring an entrée from a special menu prepared by their chef.
- One bed at the facility is devoted to Respite Care. This program offers families who need temporary relief from care giving an option when the primary caregiver is ill or would like to take a business trip or vacation. Respite Care provides temporary, 24-hour skilled nursing care, nutritious meals, and recreational activities.
- About the area: Penn Yan is located in the beautiful, nature enthusiast Finger Lakes Region of New York State. It boasts quality wine trails, a rich history, natural beauty, four season attractions, new home community options, short drive to college / universities and to Rochester. Discover the diverse and vibrant attractions and activities in the region. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, a history buff, or a foodie, there’s something for everyone.
- Explore the stunning Finger Lakes, including Keuka Lake, Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake, and Canandaigua Lake, known for their picturesque lakes, wineries, and outdoor adventures.
- Visit the Corning Museum of Glass, a world-renowned institution showcasing incredible glass artistry.
- Enjoy outdoor recreational opportunities like hiking, boating, and camping in beautiful landscapes.
- Attend local festivals, art exhibitions, and cultural events that capture the essence of the region’s rich history.
- Savor the culinary delights of the Finger Lakes, from farm-to-table dining to winery tours