Start a Search
Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP)
Website Oculus Search
TITLE: Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Tech
Location: Columbus, OH
Would you like to work in a facility that will allow you to have work/life balance? Would you be interested in working at a small community hospital and have impact on outcomes and not be just an employee of a large system?
Would you want to live within 3 large cities or even be able to live in 2 of them and have a 30 minute or less drive to work?
If that sounds like the change you are looking for, please read on…
What they’re looking for:
• Graduate from an accredited Associates or Bachelors Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related field.
• Must have American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
• 1 year of experience preferred as a generalist.
Hours and compensation potential:
• Hours are 2pm-10:30pm with a weekend rotation.
• Hourly range for MLT is $21.16hr-$30.68hr and for an MT is $24.64hr-$35.73hr depending on experience
• Additional shift differentials of $3.25hr during the week and an additional $3.00hr on when working the weekend.
• A full benefits package included as well as a 10K sign-on bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
• This position is responsible for performing specimen collection, processing, testing and resulting in accordance with laboratory policy and procedure manual.
•Performs quality control, maintenance, and calibrations for all analytical testing.
•Assist in collection of Chain-of-Custody Urine Drug Screens, Breath Alcohol Testing and Hair samples for Occupational Health.
•Participates in performance improvement activities of the department and daily management of infection prevention and control activities.
What you can expect is:
• Position is located west of Columbus.
• The person would work as a generalist and must also perform phlebotomy and drug screen collections as needed.