Start a Search
Website Oculus Search
- Hiring a Manufacturing Manager for 2nd shift due to increase in business and expansion
- The Manufacturing Manager oversee and coordinates all activities on 2nd shift with 4 direct reports and 150 non union employees in a lean / continuous improvement metal processing facility.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- Direct and coach production leaders in the execution of daily/weekly production schedules for multiple lines.
- Manage within labor and operating expense budget.
- Coordinate production ensuring safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
- Meet the productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental and morale goals established for the site.
- Complete and update all necessary production paperwork and record.
- Ensure equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are always safe.
- Review and analyze production records to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Make recommendations for long term solutions, including recommendations for replacing equipment, refurbishing equipment, procedural changes, productivity improvement, material change, etc., related to the area of accountability.
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda in area of responsibility through teamwork, skills, and capability development.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage and facilitate employee and management relationship within the guidelines of the labor contract and company policy.
- BA/BS/AAS degree or an equivalent of 5+ years of manufacturing supervision required
- Must have experience supervising leaders / salaried employees in a manufacturing setting
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing setting, metals is preferred
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, leading, developing, training and disciplining employees as needed
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices, Kaizen, TPM, and/or other methods of Continuous Improvement preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel