IT Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Leader
Website Oculus Search
The Manufacturing Execution Systems Leader will own our MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) system along with help support the plant’s IS system and infrastructure where/if support is needed. The Manufacturing Execution Systems connect the site with live production information (e.g., Proficy) and integrates easily with equipment, controllers, and enterprise business applications. This role requires close collaboration and partnership with Plant Controls personnel and Corporate IS/MES to ensure a reliable operation of all systems within the plant.
In this role you will:
· Support and maintain the MES system applications and databases.
· Support the Power & Control’s personnel to aid in IP address allocation, Vlan / routing configuration, initial setup, startup, troubleshooting and ongoing monitoring of the network.
· Install and configure Server hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Support the installation and configuration of both Server and desktop Operating Systems, Databases, Thin Manager, MS and Non-MS Applications, and Virtual Servers (including but not limited to Microsoft Server 2022, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Terminal Services, GE Proficy Suite, MS Office, Blue Yonder, Oracle Suite, and VMWare).
· Have access to the Cisco switches and capable of making minor network configuration changes in support of the plant controls network.
· Contribute to and maintain system standards. Specifically, the VM environment, Server platform, MES platforms, and the Network Architecture.
· In conjunction with the Plant Controls personnel, define and create Downtime, Counters and Process Control Monitoring Tags in GE Proficy Historian to support Plant Start-Up Commissioning requirements and long-term MES business strategies.
· Support and own the PDM (File Data Management) system.
· Perform server, VM and network performance monitoring against baselines on a regular basis. Resolve abnormal situations before they impact the overall network performance.
· Support Corporate IS in performing and coordinating regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform regular backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request assigning appropriate privileges and resolve issues with passwords on both LAN and Applications where applicable.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Engage outside resources as appropriate and communicate with impacted operations personnel.
· Support plantwide computers, thin-clients, and information systems
· Manage & track all related capital assets for IS and MES plant needs.
· In Concert with Corporate IS, maintain annual IS expense budget for both support, licensing, etc.
· Support Corporate IS in performing and coordinating OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
· In conjunction with Plant Controls personnel, maintain the data center environment in a clean, neat, and orderly manner.
· Manages relationships between business areas and Information Services department.
· Manages portfolio of assigned projects and works with business areas to prioritize work requests.
· Consults with the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to document existing process, research best practices and propose future process in the spirit of continuous improvement.
· Defines business requirements based on business needs and gaps collaboratively with the SME.
· Provides solution alternatives, and recommends solution (design), and ensures buy-in by key stakeholders in the business.
· Supports and enforces standards and methodologies around business process development, project management and change management.
· Coach, teach, train, and mentor other Process Engineers, Quality and Technicians within operations and Strategic Business Areas.
· Ability to frequently flex hours to meet business needs. Understand that this role will require night and weekend work for both self-performed systems maintenance as well as coming in to reboot our system following corporately scheduled systems maintenance.
· Own Change Management approval for plant-wide projects that impact MES or IS requirements (network, data collection, etc.).
· Maintain and update plant network drawings.
· Lead electrical and IS contractors on IT focused projects throughout the plant.
· Owner of our File Data Management System (Adept)
· Super user for eAM
· Project Management
· Owner of our Change Management automated system
Are you motivated by the chance to help provide quality products consumers count on every day? Are you interested in working with a collaborative team to get the job done while learning new skills? Are you flexible in time and responsibilities? Are you a leader who motivates others to develop and improve in their skillsets / area of expertise? If so, you are exactly who we are looking for to join our Company.
What we’re looking for:
· Technical Bachelor’s degree
· 3 – 5 plus years of relevant work experience
· Experience with QMS PM Maintenance Systems (Proficy, Project Management, eAM)
· Industrial Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
· Operational Experience preferred
· Experience in a project management role preferred
· Network Architecture / Configuration experience preferred
· IS Troubleshooting Skills in Network, Hardware, Software, Cameras, Security, Phone, etc. preferred
· Ability to coach and train others
· Critical and conceptual thinking skills
· SQL and VB Skills
· Microsoft Office suite, particularly a comfort level with MS Excel, Project, and Teams.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
· Experience in the CPG or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Understands technical systems and terminology
· Experience learning and integrating new technologies
· Experience leading the installation of equipment in a manufacturing environment
· Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Effective presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to organize and prioritize actions to help meet plant objectives and long-term vision
· Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal direct supervision
· Proven project management skills
· Experience leading, teaching, and managing others effectively
· Able to perform moderate activity including but not limited to, significant time spent on manufacturing floor and some physical work on equipment