Website Oculus Search
The Industrial Engineer will support a production facility and is responsible for assisting with the development of production operation time standards, tracking cost and schedule performance at the part level, establishment of efficiency calculations, capacity/manpower assessments, production layouts and process flows, cost reduction initiatives, and other process improvement activities. Position may be located at either the Exeter or Newington, NH production facility.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
Our client is a 250-year-old, brand-name, leading provider and manufacturer in their industry. Their name is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice! Company has 3,000+ employees across 12 locations.
WHAT YOU GET:
Offered is a competitive salary including bonus, 401k match with immediate vesting, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. This is an in-office position. Relocation package is available!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineers, CNC Programmers, Production Managers, Finance Department and other Support Teams to refine and improve production the division.
- Define production rate standards and methodologies for the machining, testing and assembly operations.
- Complete detailed time studies for new and existing production processes including allowances for cycle work, periodic work and Personal Fatigue and Delay.
- Analyze motion and time studies, line balance and process flow to identify waste and implement improvements to work cells, areas, part manufacturing and processes to increase throughput and efficiency.
- Research, present and implement innovative solutions to production problems.
- Consider ergonomic and safety concerns in processes and identify solutions/improvements.
- Implement Lean Principles throughout the factory.
- Document and calculate cost savings utilizing established cost analysis tools.
- Complete plant layouts for machining and assembly operations.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain and update router and cycle time date using the Company’s product life cycle database (Agile).
- Provide production floor support to maintain output and quality.
- Perform as technical leader for production personnel, junior Industrial Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers regarding production rates, methods, and layouts.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise with Video Time Study Software such as Timer Pro Professional or equivalent.
- Skilled with using CAD for plant layouts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work in a team, and plan & execute multiple projects with very high quality of work.
- Adept at delivering clear and concise written and verbal communication of complicated subjects.
- Skillful with organizing documentation and record keeping to a high standard.
- Demonstrated knowledge in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient at relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Reside within a reasonable commute to Exeter or Newington, NH OR willing to relocate upon hire with company assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident, able to pass a drug screening and criminal background check.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Salary offered within the range will depend on level of experience.