Indirect Tax Manager
Website Oculus Search
My client is seeking a Tax Manager who will be responsible for transactional tax compliance and research, as well as working with the departmental teams of a fast growing, multi-billion dollar company, to ensure all taxes and licensing are in compliance.
- Manage a team of indirect tax professionals to maintain tax compliance
- Establish and communicate effective goals to meet tax deadlines
- Train tax team on relevant and evolving indirect tax guidance
- Identify tax areas of savings, efficiency, and overpayment if applicable.
- Set up projects for tax purposes in ERP system to ensure proper taxation of purchases
- Monitor and update sales and use tax rate changes throughout the country to ensure proper taxation
- Process transactional tax returns, including sales and use, gross receipts, and business taxes
- Monitor and analyze invoices to ensure proper taxation
- Interpret, understand, and comply with all state and local tax laws
- Research and analyze state and local licensing laws and exemptions
- Apply for and maintain all new licenses and renewals to ensure compliance
- Communicate with Business Unit coworkers regarding tax laws and rates
- File property tax returns for the company.
- Work with external accountants on apportioning income to various jurisdictions.
- Coordinate any tax audits or inquiries
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred
- Transactional tax experience preferred
- Construction knowledge preferred
- Alteryx experience preferred
- Avalara experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft programs, including Word, Power Point, Outlook.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize and work independently