Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) Manager
Website Oculus Search
Responsibilities: The FSQA Manager provides leadership, direction and execution of all quality and food safety functions at the plant level. This person will ensure all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory and company requirements. The FSQA Manager directs the plant Quality Assurance department in selecting, developing, and motivating Quality Assurance team members to achieve company quality and food safety goals. Specific duties include:
- Manage all activities of the Quality Assurance/Food Safety department in a manner which results in consistent food safety results as measured through the company matrix and regulatory mandates.
- Develop, document and implement food safety processes/ procedures to monitor incoming raw materials, in-process and finished products to ensure compliance to all regulatory and company requirements and specifications
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance department is properly organized, staffed and trained to meet and achieve plant and departmental goals
- Lead all food safety efforts in the plant.
- Manage the activities of the Quality Assurance department in a manner that keeps plant and upper management fully informed on any issues and assists in achieving quality/food safety goals
- Develop a professional working relationship and act as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
- Enforce corporate food safety and quality programs and maintain the required documentation and provide continuing education of plant associates as required.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field plus 10 or more years of experience in a quality or food safety setting. Specific requirements include:
- MUST HAVE at least 3 years in a quality supervisory capacity (management strongly preferred.)
- MUST HAVE at least 3 years of experience working in a poultry plant.
- HACCP certification required
- Experience in leading a food facility in GFSI compliance (BRC, SQF).
- Experience and/or knowledge with digital databases and data collection (such as Safety Chain, etc.).
- Understanding of management principles and team concepts.