Start a Search
Fixed Equipment Engineer
Website Oculus Search
Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer for their Reliability Department, reporting to the Fixed Equipment Reliability Supervisor. This position is responsible for performing engineering services for all fixed equipment assets, including heat exchangers, pressure vessels, boilers, process heaters, and piping. This position will work closely with the Inspection Department, Maintenance, Operations, Turnaround Department, and Capital Projects Group to ensure safe, compliant, and reliable operation of the plant.
- Provide technical support to the area team and others throughout the refinery
- Perform incident investigations to identify root causes of failures and generate recommendations to ensure they do not occur in the future
- Troubleshoot problems with pressure vessels, heat exchangers, bolted joints, etc.
- Work with Inspection and Corrosion Engineers to evaluate equipment damage mechanisms and make recommendations for potential projects and other efforts to mitigate equipment reliability concerns
- Participate in the development of Corrosion Control Documents and Integrity Operating Windows
- Perform Fitness-for-Service and remaining life calculations
- Develop repair procedures for damaged equipment
- Actively participate in turnaround planning and execution to ensure turnarounds achieve fixed equipment reliability improvement goals
- Manage the procurement of like-in-kind replacements of fixed equipment
- Provide technical support to Reliability-driven Capital Projects
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or other related engineering degree.
- 5 Years of job related experience
- 10+ Years of job related experience preferred
- Experience at a refinery, chemical plant, or heavy industrial facility is preferred
- Familiarity with design/construction codes and standards such as ASME Section I, ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3, API 510, API 570, and API 571 is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker’s Identification Credential (TWIC)