Estimator – Heavy Civil
Website Oculus Search
Looking for an experienced estimator for a Heavy civil contractor as an estimator bidding on site work projects typically ranging from $500k to $20 M.
- Dynamic Heavy Civil Site Development Company – handling projects from infrastructure to mining, Site preparation, Reclamation, Mass Excavation, Utilities, Landfill, Mining
- Company is in a strong growth mode with a strong pipeline of work
- Markets include Commercial, Industrial, Energy, Municipal, Mining
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits package including:
Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
401k with match
· Company laptop, phone, tablet, cell phone allowance
· Nonstop challenges
- Full pipeline of work stretching for more than 1 year with additional projects being considered
- Structured, organized environment with actively involved ownership/management
- Excellent training and growth opportunities
- Company believes in work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The Estimator position is a crucial role in the company. This position requires the estimator to be experienced in estimating grading, utilities, and demolition. Typical projects are stie development, industrial, commercial development, utilities, mining reclamation, overburden removal, demolition, and general site work. This position reports to the Preconstruction Director. Work is onsite at the headquarters in Columbia, SC.
- Estimating projects that will typically range from $500k to $20M
- Estimating self-performed work to include pricing the labor, equipment, and material costs
- Ability to solicit, review, and prioritize material and subcontractor quotations for management review
- Working knowledge of construction assemblies and all project phases
- Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings
- Produce detailed, final contract estimates
- Assess site exposures / construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate
- Identify constructability issues through the estimating process
- Identity value-engineering alternatives
- Prepare construction handoff package after award and respond to field questions regarding takeoff subcontractor and vendor pricing as well as strategies used to prepare the cost estimate.
- Work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel within SC, NC, and GA may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
CANDIDATES NEED BACKGROUND IN HEAVY CIVIL SITE WORK
· Four-year degree in construction management, civil engineering or equivalent strongly preferred. Will consider exceptional candidates without a 4-year degree who have significant practical experience.
· Experience working for a Heavy Civil Contractor as an estimator.
· Experience in estimating grading, utilities, and demolition.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Must have experience with Agtek, Trimble Business Center, Carlson, Cad, or any other takeoff/modeling software.
- Experience on HCSS or B2W software a plus
· Valid Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.