Start a Search
Electrical Maintenance Engineer – Processing Equipment
Website Oculus Search
An International Manufacturer of specialty coatings is seeking a highly motivated hands-on ELECTRICAL ENGINEER for maintenance and optimization of their brand-new automated production line, at their U.S. operation North of Syracuse, NY. The Electrical Engineer will be the in-house electrical maintenance expert, who will interface and coordinate with the company’s corporate automation team, located abroad.
An excellent long-term career position for an independently minded Engineer, who enjoys directly tinkering with the machinery / getting their hands dirty. Stable organization with significant investment going into its U.S. operations for future growth.
- A BS in Engineering in the field of electrical engineering, automation or comparable is strongly preferred, but the company will seriously consider AAS or equivalent experience for this position.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 15 years of experience as an electrical maintenance engineer troubleshooting large processing machinery that you might find in the paper, chemical processing, plastics or metals industries. Heavy equipment / industrial machinery experience is a must.
- Experience with measurement and control technology, drive controls, frequency converters strongly preferred.
- Practical experience with Siemens automation systems S7, WinCC, TIA-Portal, Sinamics, Profinet is desirable. Will seriously consider experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs.
- Independent and systematic way of working coupled with good communication style is strongly preferred.
- Must have a pronounced curiosity and openness to innovations.
COMPENSATION: $85K to $115K base salary target – depending on experience. May go higher. Annual Bonus: 3%