Division President – construction industry
Website Oculus Search
Division president (Coastal Savannah, GA to Charleston, SC)
Major and established company with a very good working culture that has been an industry leader for many years has an opportunity for a Division President in the coastal Savannah to Charleston area. This role will report to the CEO They have a customer focused approach and continue to grow in new markets It is their intention to continue to create a positive culture and developing leaders in alignment with their 5 Core Values: Pride, Pursuit of Fairness, Reliability, Balanced, and Open to Growth. At this point the role will be working remote and eventually there will be a facility in the coastal area. Attractive total package up to as high as $350,000.
Responsible for the overall performance and growth of the division, across all aspects of homebuilding will work in conjunction with other Executive Teams to ensure market success in Land Acquisition, Development, Project Planning, Purchasing, Construction, Sales, Marketing, Warranty, Human Resources, General Management/Business Planning and Administration. The goal of the position is to maximize business success while not losing sight of customer satisfaction and maintaining a dynamic employee culture necessary for long term growth. Division President will work with Executive Team to chart short term/long term goals for individual market and company. The company has found that their entrepreneurial startup approach allows them to focus on talent, land and product designs that align with their culture, core values and premium positioning strategy. Needed is an entrepreneurial mindset, someone who has an eye for talent and strong relationship building skills. This individual will be empowered to create their overall market strategy and build a talented team that is capable of substantial growth in build to rent and retail markets over the next few years.
- Culture Leader for new division.
- Division Profit and Loss responsibility.
- In conjunction with CEO and VP of Land Development, develop land plan to ensure division has sufficient land supply to meet goals. Provide insight to ensure land acquisition strategy can deliver high volume, fiscally responsible sales.
- Works daily with Construction and Operations team to ensure building times are maintained within standards without compromise of overall community appearance.
- Work with Operations team and Purchasing to improve financial performance by controlling costs and leveraging Trade Partner relationships for peak performance.
- Provides strategic insight, operational advice and leadership related to the division’s short- and long-range business objectives/goals.
- Provides recommendations (updated periodically) as to the assigned division’s overall business plan, with all relevant analysis of new and existing opportunities. Monitors relevant changes in the marketplace and works to continuously position the division to take advantage of opportunities.
- Works with HR to attract and hire talent. Responsible for evaluation, development, and retention of a talented team of employees within the division.
- Makes recommendation on employee actions to include: promotion/transfer, salary, performance counseling, and termination.
- Ensures company policy and goals are interpreted and enforced equally through Division level.
- Create and maintains relationships with network of external partners to ensure continuous success of company strategic plan relative to Division local market, including land brokers, trade partners, etc.
- Continuously seeks to improve the division’s reputation among the competition, in terms of community locations, product innovation, quality, customer service, warranty, operational excellence and overall execution in the local market.
- Works collaboratively with Executive Team and Departments soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate, from subject matters experts at the company home office.
- Demonstrates the leadership necessary to make the organization’s mission a success. This leadership includes providing vision, accountability of self and others, and adaptability.
- Effectively evaluates the success of the division.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years homebuilding experience required, preferably with P&L responsibility in a similar role or senior management role supervising a significant portion of a division’s homebuilding operations.
- Knowledge of real estate transactions and land acquisitions for a homebuilding company with at least 3 years of experience in this area.
- Direct Market (Coastal Savannah to Charleston) experience is a requirement.
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional and Dynamic Team builder able to cultivate and develop talent.