Start a Search
Director of Rehabilitation – PT or OT
Website Oculus Search
Director of Rehabilitation –
*Must be either a Physical Therapist or an Occupational Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist
- Direct Hire.
- Excellent Benefits Package.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience.
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Williamsville, NY (a suburb of Buffalo, NY).
- The Director of Rehabilitation Services team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by supervising rehab department staff in the provision, documentation, and billing of therapy services in compliance with Federal and State Laws, Regulations, and Practice Acts; assists in the hiring, orientation, and training of staff therapists, therapy assistants, and rehabilitation aides; participates in required meetings, in-services, programs, and general orientation; maintains a clinical caseload at a minimum of 35% productivity; attends to clinical, fiscal, and customer service outcomes and action plan underperformance as indicated.
- Screen and provide (as necessary and as ordered by a physician) an in-depth evaluation of each residents’ rehabilitation potential (unless contradicted); makes written recommendations for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Inform resident or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy program.
- Develop a treatment plan and administer treatments in accordance with the physicians’ orders and the rehabilitation goals; maintain required contact with physician.
- Oversee written evaluations, progress notes, care plans and discharge summaries of residents receiving physical therapy according to state, federal and facility policies.
- Review each resident’s status at least quarterly to determine need for revising rehabilitation aspects of care plan.
- Collaborate with other members of the inter-disciplinary health care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Must have interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree required.
- State specific license to practice required.
- Possession of ability to teach, inspire and motivate others; leadership qualities; ability to organize workload, delegate assignments and promote teamwork required.
ABOUT THE AREA:Williamsville is a suburb of Buffalo in New York. Buffalo is located in the Western part of New York. It is popular for several different things such as Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Wings and the wing festival, Powder Keg Festival, General Mills cereal plant, Teds footlong hotdogs, Canal-side, St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations, Food trucks galore, rated a very clean city, hockey and more hockey, the largest two-day food festival, and more! Niagara Falls is one of the seventh wonders of the world and you can be there in less than 30 minutes. The region is also well known for it many outstanding colleges & universities. You can be in Niagara Falls, Canada in 30 minutes, 1.25 hours to Rochester and 2.50 hours to Syracuse.