Start a Search
Website Oculus Search
Responsibility for systems optimization, compliance, personnel safety and technician skill development relative to plant electrical power and process control systems. The incumbent assumes a leadership role with regard to control systems, equipment specification and maintenance, proper operation, technician development, troubleshooting and repair to achieve or exceed reliability targets.
Location: Scottsville, KY
Report To: Plant Engineer
Work Arrangements: 100% on-site
- Serves as primary administrator and troubleshooter for plant control systems (FTView, PLC, Notion, GuardLogix, Ethernet). Is a key member of the plant technical leadership team.
- Builds and maintains a sustainable system for plant E&I skill development. Develops technician and E&I Specialist, skills within the plant. Builds and maintains a sustainable process control systems onboarding system for plant Process Engineers, Interns and Area Leaders, as well as ongoing coaching and development of Process Engineers and Interns.
- Primary plant resource on corporate power and controls standards and owns technical documentation for these systems.
- Provides expertise in the design and implementation of process automation applications, such as control strategies, HMI design, MES applications and KPI development.
- Works with Plant Engineering, E&I Specialist, and technicians to identify losses, and develop plans and strategies to eliminate them, in the areas of safety, quality, reliability and cost.
- Maintains, tests, monitors, and improves electrical distribution system. Manages schedule for IR scans with facilities leader and plant outages/shutdowns related to electrical systems.
- Works closely with Engineering and Operations leaders on selection and installation/start-up of new equipment. Becomes the technical expert on new equipment and insures the training of others with regard to control systems.
- Serves as Project Manager for Initiatives ranging from E&I focus to complete capital projects.
- Provides support throughout other parts of the plant as needed on a daily basis.
- Achieve and improve scorecard results for plant.
- Role model, both technically and from a leadership perspective.
- Monitors progress of E&I technicians and provides training/coaching for their qualification.