Website Oculus Search
A full-time Controls Engineer who is interested in experiencing a large variety of engineering applications in a high-paced and challenging environment is needed in the Merrillville, IN area. There is a variety of experiences in hardware design, network design, database development, robotics programming, software development, and field commissioning, and a wide range of customers. Engineers get the opportunity to see industrial equipment applied in a wide array of industries including automotive, chemical, consumer product, food & beverage, and material handling.
As a solution provider, Controls Engineers are responsible for project management and execution. This includes the electrical control design, programming, commissioning, panel build supervision and field commissioning.
As a fast-growing systems integrator, there is plenty of opportunity for advancement. Choose a career path that fits your goals and talents. Whether your plan is to become the highest technical expert, a project team leader or to branch into technical sales, this company has a path for you.
Products and Engineering Services Offered:
- Turnkey Robotic Cell Design and Deployment – Packing, palletizing, machine tending, & more
- Full Control System Design – PLC programming, HMI design, SCADA, MES
- Control Panel Design – Hardware design for PLC, HMI and drive systems
- Control Panel Assembly – Control panels assembled and wired in our panel shop for our designs and the designs of others
- Field Service – Assisting customers with down equipment situations
- Remote Support – Assisting customers via telephone and VPN
- Commissioning – Bring our designs to full operation
- Design control systems
- Manage project scope from written specification and verbal description
- Ensure that designs meet NEC code and UL508A
- Program PLCs and operator interfaces (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Automation Direct and Mitsubishi).
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting while commissioning systems
- Communicate directly with customers regarding the status of projects
- Manage multiple projects from concept through commissioning.
- Customer relationship management
- Develop software applications with Visual Basic, C#, Python and SQL Server preferred but not required.
- Prepare written scopes and material budgets for quotations.
- 3 to 10 years of experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, or related field of study.
- Ability to travel up to 20% – most is local travel to customer sites
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.