CNC/Assembly Process Technician
Website Oculus Search
Job Title: CNC/Assembly Process Technician
Location: Hampton, Iowa
Job Summary of the CNC/Assembly Process Technician: Oversee and optimize manufacturing processes for CNC machining and assembly, enhance production efficiency, reduce waste, ensure products meet quality and safety standards.
Job Responsibilities of the CNC/Assembly Process Technician:
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices.
- Work with manufacturing processes and procedures related to CNC Machining and Assembly.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot processes on machining and G-code.
- Assist in creating work instructions and set up for manufacturing processes.
- Assist in making changes to existing procedures and work processes.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
§ Examines documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
§ Responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects.
§ Utilize data analysis tools to analyze current manufacturing processes to identify areas for improvement, including inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and potential safety hazards.
§ Develop and design optimized manufacturing processes that improve production efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure product quality.
§ Implement strategies for continuous process improvement.
§ Provide training to manufacturing personnel on new processes and procedures, ensuring their understanding and adherence to safety protocols.
§ Maintain comprehensive documentation of manufacturing processes, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and process manuals.
Education & Experience of the CNC/Assembly Process Technician:
*Knowledge and experience with CNC machining and Assembly.
*Experience creating work instructions for set-up of machines and manufacturing processes.
*Technical experience working with manufacturing processes
*Background with G code.
*Ability to troubleshoot
*Knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and various processes, tools and related manufacturing equipment.
*Personal computer experience required with emphasis on usage on Microsoft Office Suite.
*Preferred experience with ERP/MRP applications.
*Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to assess complex manufacturing processes and identify areas for improvement.