Application Engineer – Particle/Surface Characterization (Houston) 1546
Website Oculus Search
Our client has an opening for an Application Engineer. You will be responsible for supporting sales of their lines of particle sizing, zeta potential, surface, and porosity instruments and, for providing after-sales support to existing customers. The salary range for this position is $63,000 to $74,500. The position is in Houston, TX. They offer full benefits, profit sharing bonuses, and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
- Conducting, evaluating, and presenting feasibility studies (sample measurements).
- Installations, training, and technical support.
- Interpreting data and troubleshooting issues.
- Participating in conferences and trade shows.
Skills and qualifications you will need:
- 2+ years of experience in particle size and imaging, pore size, BET surface area or related methods.
- Exceptional communications skills (written, oral, and presentation) for interactions with clients ranging from Quality Control Technicians to University Professors and CEOs.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science.
- Availability for frequent overnight travel (up to 50%).
- Valid driver’s license and passport.