Application Engineer – Analytical Chemistry (Richmond, VA) 1596
Website Oculus Search
Our client has a new position for an Application Engineer – Analytical Chemistry. You will provide sale support including feasibility studies, and resolve customer application questions for microwave-assisted synthesis, Raman spectroscopy, and FTIR product lines. You will report to the Business Unit Sales Manager. This position is based at the Southern region office in Houston, TX. The salary range for this position is $66,000 to $71,000. They offer full benefits, profit sharing bonuses, and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
- Conducting, evaluating, and presenting feasibility studies (sample measurements).
- Installations, training, and technical support.
- Interpreting data and troubleshooting issues.
- Participating in conferences and trade shows.
Skills and qualifications you will need:
- 2+ years of experience in sample digestion, spectroscopy, or related methods.
- Exceptional communications skills (written, oral, and presentation) for interactions with clients ranging from Scientist to University Professors and CEOs.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or engineering.
- Availability for frequent overnight travel (up to 50%).
- Valid driver’s license and passport.