Website Oculus Search
Division Controller of a Billion dollar Manufacturer is looking for her successor. This is an Experienced Accounting Manager position– open due to an internal promotion.
This company is all about promoting from within every 2 years. People move within their divisions and back and forth between corporate and divisions. Everyone has excellent tenure.
600 million dollar division. Supervise 5.
The Accounting Manager will drive effective and accurate financial processes for the division, adhering to policies, controls, and GAAP. Support the divisional leaders with forecasting, reporting and analysis needs. Lead the financial analysis and forecasting processes. Manage the accounting personnel and support their responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of business and financial information in compliance with policies and US GAAP. Develop and maintain financial reporting processes that exceed internal and external audit requirements.
- Manage the receivables and assigned staff accounting team members for a division with a high volume of customer and vendor transactions.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close requirements and consolidation procedures including the management and diligent review of the accounting staff’s work.
- Effectively manage, communicate, and coordinate the exchange of financial information (plan, actual results, and outlook) to key stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of highlights and variances.
- Support Division Controller and leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives, including the annual operating plan, long range strategic plans, capital investments and other ad hoc projects.
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. Fosters a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as other corporate requests.
- Will play a critical role in the implementation of all future business systems and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required; MBA and/or CPA, strongly preferred
- 5+ years of Accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Demonstrated experience managing a direct staff of accounting professionals
- An intelligent professional with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills who can relate to all people at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and BI systems, Microsoft Office software
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) 5% Match
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance