2ND SHIFT QUALITY SUPERVISOR
Website Oculus Search
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university
2-5 years supervisory experience
Responsible for managing a staff of Senior and Bench Technicians, as well as for the plant’s Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance program to ensure compliance with company, customer, and government procedures. Inspect and audit the operation in all phases of quality performance (raw materials, processing, packaging and distribution).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for guiding the plant’s SQF certification program.
- Carry out Quality policies, procedures and directives in the development of and compliance with company and government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) while providing feedback and necessary follow up to ensure proper corrective action.
- Ensure that all Quality Technicians and plant personnel are properly trained with regard to quality programs, procedures, safety, and housekeeping. Ensure that all equipment is calibrated and functioning.
- Ensure the free flow of information between departments by identifying and troubleshooting problems in the production process.
- Prepare necessary reports and provide regular feedback to keep management fully informed.
- Perform various duties under the specific direction of the Quality Manager and Compliance Manager.
- Direct and supervise Quality Technicians
Carry out supervisory responsibilities including, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating employees as well as addressing employee issues.